- Serves: 2
- Complexity: easy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 jalapenos
- 2 15-oz cans chickpeas (garbanzo)
- 15-oz can diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon cracked Kampot pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 425.
Seed and mince jalapenos. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat and cook onions, garlic and jalapenos until soft (about 8 minutes).
Add chickpeas, Kampot pepper, salt, paprika and cumin and cook for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce and cook until sauce begins to thicken (about 15 minutes).
Spoon mixture into individual baking dishes, sprinkle with feta cheese and crack eggs on top, spacing them evenly.
Bake until egg whites are set but yokes are still runny (6-8 minutes).
Garnish with parsley and cilantro.